We are a professional commercial asbestos removal company that service Durham and the North East.
Asbestos can be found in many areas of commercial properties, as it wasn't fully banned from use in the UK until the year 2000. If your property in Durham was built before the Millennium then you should assume that asbestos is present within it.
What are the common places in a property that we find asbestos when removing it?
Examples of where you could find asbestos in your property include -
- Ceiling and floor tiles
- Artex - which was used as a decorative wall covering
- Pipe and boiler lagging
- Guttering and downpipes
- Loose fill insulation
- Asbestos insulation board (AIB)
The above are just a few examples highlighting how widely used asbestos was in construction. The HSE has a guide describing the most common materials that may contain asbestos which you may find useful, however we strongly advise that you contact us if you think you have asbestos in your property because our professionals can quickly identify whether it is asbestos and provide the best course of action for the asbestos to be safely removed.
Our qualifications and experience for removing asbestos
We provide asbestos removal to many commercial and industrial sectors, including the following -
- Construction and Demolition
- FMCG and manufacturing
- Retail and the high street
- Public sector
You can rest assured that our onsite staff have the knowledge, qualifications and experience that are required to safely and successfully remove asbestos, with a key aim to provide minimal disruption to your daily business operations.
Examples of some of the qualifications that our onsite staff have, in addition to their asbestos removal training, are -
- First aid training
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) qualified
- PASMA trained for the safe erection, movement and collapsing of scaffolding towers
- IPAF trained for the safe use of cherry pickers and scissor lifts
We take great pride in being able to safely complete almost any industrial or commercial asbestos removal project around Durham, no matter what the circumstances or location the asbestos is in.
Accreditations and Licences
Professional asbestos removal requires licences for it to be encapsulated and removed legally in the UK, which is why we hold the following -
- A full three year licence to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board (AIB) for the purpose of removal, which was provided to us by the Health and Safety Executive. You can see the licence here.
- A licence to transport hazardous waste for disposal, presented to us by the Environment Agency. You can see the licence here.
In addition to the above licences, we also take pride with our health and safety standards when carrying out asbestos removal projects -
- We hold full membership to the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA), who have awarded us their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme.
- We have the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) accreditation.
- We are Constructionline and ROSPA members.
For more information about us, as well as our licences and memberships, please read here.
If you would like more information about our asbestos removal services or if you would like to talk about a particular asbestos removal project in Durham, then please get in touch with us via the contact form on this page or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing