BLS Asbestos Ltd have been operating as commercial asbestos removal specialists to Sunderland for over 20 years.
We specialise in all manners of commercial asbestos removal and our extensive experience, skill and qualifications enable us to work safely and quickly, creating minimal disruption to businesses across the city.
Examples of sectors we have experience of removing asbestos in, include -
- Retail - working on inner city asbestos removal projects, as well as out-of-town shopping villages.
- Manufacturing and FMCG - experience of working in highly controlled environments, such as the Nestle factory in Halifax.
- Healthcare - our staff understand the needs of patients and healthcare workers when working in these emotionally delicate and extremely clean environments.
- Construction - asbestos is commonly found in demolition and renovation projects and needs to be safely dealt.
- Public sector - many governmental and council owned properties around Sunderland are ageing and often contain asbestos that needs removing.
- Education - we know how to work around the clock to strict deadlines when pupils are not in the educational facility.
Where could I find asbestos in my property in Sunderland?
Asbestos can be found in many different areas around a property. Items that contain asbestos are known as 'asbestos containing materials' (ACMs) and examples of where it can be located around commercial properties include -
- Asbestos insulating board (AIB) around boilers
- Lagging on pipes and boilers
- Guttering and downpipes
- Textiles, such as fire blankets
- Sprayed on coatings that can be found on ceilings, walls and beams
The above are just a few examples of where asbestos can be found within a property. There are many more places it can be found and if you suspect you have asbestos within your property then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through the contact form on this page or via email at email@example.com.
What qualifications do we have to safely remove asbestos across the UK?
The removal of asbestos requires several licences to perform the practice safely and legally, although our staff also have the experience and skill to ensure that we work around the needs of your business successfully.
You can read more about us here and below are some of the key licences and certifications that we hold -
- A licence awarded to us by the HSE enabling us to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board (AIB) for the purpose of removal.
- A licence provided to us by the Environment Agency enabling us to safely transport and dispose of the asbestos once it has been removed.
- Full membership to ARCA, who are the leading trade association for asbestos management.
- Health and safety accreditations and membership with CHAS and ROSPA.
Should you require more information in regards to carrying out an asbestos survey and/or asbestos removal project for your property in Sunderland, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via the contact form on this page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing