We have been removing asbestos across the north of England for over 20 years in commercial and industrial settings.
Our head office is located in Yorkshire, which enables us easy access to all of the north of England to remove asbestos in predominantly industrial and commercial settings, such as -
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Manufacturing and factory environments
- Public sector property
- Demolition sites
We specialise as contractors and have been fortunate enough to work for companies such as -
- Penine Demolitions Ltd
- Royal Air Force
If you suspect your property in Whitby has asbestos in or around it, or you simply have questions on what it looks like and what the implications are of not removing the asbestos containing materials from your property, then get in touch with us.
Is it likely that I will have asbestos in my industrial property?
If you own or manage a commercial property then it is your duty to manage the asbestos within it and if your property in Whitby was constructed or renovated before the year 2000 then it may have asbestos containing materials in or around it. This is because asbestos was not fully banned from use as a material in the UK until 1999.
Asbestos can be found in many areas around a property, both inside and outside of it. Some of the common examples we come across on industrial properties when carrying out an asbestos survey include -
- Asbestos cement, which can be found on guttering, downpipes and chimney flues
- Wallboards and partition walls
- Ceiling tiles and floor tiles
- Lagging used as insulation on boiler pipes and on boilers
- Loose fill insulation
- Sprayed on wall coatings
If you are unsure what asbestos looks like then please get in touch through the contact form on this page or via the telephone on 01484 400558.
What qualifications are required for the safe removal of licensable asbestos?
Working with licensable asbestos, according to the HSE means that -
- "where worker exposure to asbestos is not sporadic and of low intensity; or
- where the risk assessment cannot clearly demonstrate that the control limit will not be exceeded ie 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3) (averaged over a four hour period); or
- on asbestos coating; or
- on asbestos insulation or asbestos insulating board where the risk assessment demonstrates that the work is not short duration work, eg when work with these materials will take no more than two hours in any seven day period, and no one person works for more than one hour in that two hour period."
In order for us to legally work with asbestos we have two licenses -
- A 3-year licence awarded by the HSE, enabling us to legally work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board (AIB).
- A licence to transport hazardous waste, which was presented to us by the Environment Agency.
In addition to these two licenses, we also have health and safety accreditations to highlight our commitment to the safety of our staff and those working around asbestos fibres, where we take instruction, training and guidance from -
If you suspect you have asbestos in or around your property in Whitby or would simply like guidance on what steps we take to safely remove asbestos containing materials, then please get in touch with us through the form on this page and one of our asbestos experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing