BLS Asbestos Ltd have been removing asbestos from commercial properties across the UK for over 20 years.
Removing asbestos is a serious concern for most businesses, as it can lead to a halt in the production line or maybe stop a renovation from going ahead as planned. We have been removing asbestos from commercial properties since 1999 and pride ourselves on our service, skill and experience of completing many asbestos removal projects.
Examples of some of the sectors we operate in include -
- Schools, colleges, universities and other educational property
- High street shops and out-of-town shopping villages
- Renovations and demolition projects
- Hospitals, surgeries and public health centres
- Factories and FMCG environments
- Council and governmental buildings
We have a wide range of case studies, which will give you more insight into our asbestos surveying and removal experience that we can carry out for you in your Bolton property.
Where am I likely to find asbestos in my property and what does it look like?
Bolton has a history of manufacturing through its cotton mills and bleaching and dyeing works so its extremely likely that asbestos was used in renovations of the factories up until it was banned from use in the UK in the year 2000.
Asbestos was commonly used for its heat resistance capabilities until it was found to be related to some lung diseases. Examples of where you could find it in properties includes -
- Asbestos cement that could be used on a water tank
- Lagging, which is used as insulation on boilers and pipes
- Ceiling tiles
- Floor tiles
- Panels found within fire doors
- Downpipes and guttering on the outside of the property
- Mastics and sealants
- Asbestos textured coating (Artex)
Asbestos can be found in several forms and the Health and Safety Executive have numerous images which could help you identify if you have asbestos in your commercial property. In addition to these images, they have a graphic which highlights the most common areas asbestos can be found in both commercial and residential properties.
Although asbestos shouldn't be dangerous if it remains undisturbed, if you think you have asbestos residing within your property then you should let a professional carry out an asbestos survey to clarify whether there are asbestos containing materials in your property in Bolton.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through the contact form on this page or via telephone at 01484 400558 if you suspect that you may have asbestos in your property, and we will provide guidance on the next steps that should be undertaken.
What qualifications do BLS Asbestos Ltd have for safely removing asbestos from commercial properties?
We have several credentials that allow us to professionally and safely remove asbestos from properties in the UK. These include -
- A 3-year licence provided by the HSE to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal (licence number 991904287).
- The Environment Agency awarded us a licence to transport hazardous waste, allowing us to safely transport and dispose of the asbestos once removed. Our Waste Carriers Registration Number is CBDU180277.
- To underpin our professional conduct we are also members of ARCA, which is the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association, as well as holding a health and safety accreditation with the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme.
You can find out more about us, our qualifications and experience here.
If you would like to speak to one of our representatives about undertaking an asbestos survey or asbestos removal project, then please get in touch via telephone at 01484 400558 or fill in the contact form on this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing