Situated only 30 minutes away from Rochdale, BLS Asbestos are a professional asbestos removal company that also carry out asbestos surveys.
What does asbestos look like and where could I find it in my property?
Products which contain asbestos are known as an 'asbestos containing material' and can be found in many places within a property. It was used in renovations and the construction of new properties for its resistance to heat and fire until it was banned in 1999. Examples of where you could find asbestos in your property include -
- Asbestos cement that could be used on a water tank
- Lagging, which is used as insulation on boilers and pipes
- Ceiling and floor tiles
- Panels in fire doors
- Downpipes and guttering
We have created a page on common asbestos related questions and places where we regularly remove it from in commercial properties and the HSE have created a visual guide which highlights where you can find asbestos both internally and externally.
If you suspect that you have asbestos in your property then you shouldn't disturb it and get in touch with us, as we can safely provide an asbestos survey to clarify whether you do have any asbestos containing materials in your Rochdale property before carrying out an asbestos removal project.
What expertise do BLS Asbestos have for the safe removal of asbestos in the UK?
We have been removing asbestos across the North West of England for over 20 years and have particular expertise in commercial asbestos removal. Examples of some of the sectors we have worked in, include -
In order for us to remove asbestos safely and legally we have the following certifications -
- A licence (number 991904287) granted by the HSE to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal.
- A licence (number CBDU180277) to transport hazardous waste for safe disposal.
- We are members of ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association), who are the UK's premier association for asbestos removal contractors.
- We hold health & safety accreditations with the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme and we also have Constructionline gold membership.
Over 20 years of asbestos removal experience means we have a wide range of case studies. An example of work we have carried out in Rochdale is at Hopwood Hall College, in which we removed a wide range of asbestos containing materials after the facility was flood damaged in 2015.
We encourage you to get in touch with us if you suspect you have asbestos in or around your property via the contact form on this page or through email at email@example.com.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing