BLS Asbestos Ltd specialise in the removal of commercial and industrial asbestos across Cheshire and the north of England.
Examples of some of the sectors that we have removed asbestos from include -
- The high street
- Schools, colleges and universities
- FMCG and specialised manufacturing environments
- Public sector property
You can find out more about the commercial sectors we regularly operate in here, however if you suspect that you have asbestos in or around your property then contact us to have an asbestos survey carried out before letting us plan and execute the asbestos removal project.
Where could asbestos reside within my property?
Asbestos wasn't fully banned from use in the construction and renovation of properties within the UK until 1999, so if the property you own or manage was built before the year 2000 then you should assume that it could house asbestos containing materials.
Due to its insulating and fire resistant properties, asbestos was widely used across buildings. Examples of where we regularly find it in commercial and industrial properties when carrying out an asbestos survey include -
- Decorative textured coatings on walls and ceilings, which is known as artex. An example of what this looks like can be seen here.
- Asbestos guttering, flues and downpipes are commonly found on the outside of properties.
- Floor, roof tiles and partition boards.
- Lagging, which can be found around boilers and pipes.
- Sprayed on coatings on beams, ceilings and walls.
A great visual to understand how widely asbestos was used in the construction of commercial properties can be seen here.
If you are unsure whether your property in Congleton may contain asbestos then get in touch with us and we can provide guidance on what your next steps should be.
What qualifications do we have to remove asbestos in the UK?
For the removal of licensed asbestos in the UK we need a licence from the Health and Safety Executive. Our licence number is 991904287.
To transport the licensed asbestos for disposal once it has been safely removed from a property requires us to hold a licence from the Environment Agency. Our licence number is CBDU180277.
Read about both of the aforementioned licenses here.
We take the health and safety of our customers, staff and anyone else that could come into close contact with our asbestos removal procedures extremely seriously. Which is why we hold the following -
- Full membership with the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association. We hold their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) Quality Assurance Award, which requires us to pass three unannounced site visits each year. Read more about this here.
- We have the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme accreditation. This is created to highlight high working standards in regards to health and safety.
- We are members of Constructionline, The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents and SafeContractor.
If you would like more information from one of our asbestos removal representatives about an asbestos removal project in Congleton then please get in touch with us via the contact form on this page of via telephone at 01484 400558.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing