Having been in operation for over 20 years, BLS Asbestos have removed asbestos across a wide number of commercial sectors.
We specialise in large scale asbestos removal from commercial and industrial sectors, with examples of some of our past contracting work including -
Identifying asbestos can be difficult and if you suspect it is in or around your property in Preston and you are the landlord or duty holder then it is your responsibility to manage the asbestos. Get in touch with one of our asbestos experts and we can provide guidance on what the most suitable next steps are to first survey the property before removing the asbestos if it is present.
Where am I likely to find asbestos within my property in Preston?
Asbestos was used widely in the construction industry in the UK until it was fully banned in 1999, meaning that if your property was built before the year 2000 then you should assume that asbestos containing materials could have been used partly in the construction of the property.
Common examples of where we find asbestos when carrying out asbestos surveys on industrial properties include -
- Lagging on boilers and pipes
- Asbestos cement that can be found on guttering and downpipes
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Loose fill insulation
- Sprayed on coatings
- Floor and roof tiles
This page is a good example of how varied asbestos can appear across a property.
Speak to one of our experts today and we can provide guidance on what the procedure is to remove asbestos from your commercial property, whilst creating minimal disturbance to the day-to-day operations of your business.
About BLS & our asbestos removal accreditations
With extensive experience in commercial asbestos removal, we have the expertise required to remove asbestos from your Preston based property. To work on licensed asbestos, such as asbestos insulation board (AIB), we hold the following certifications -
- A full three year licence awarded to us by the HSE, enabling us to work with asbestos insulation and AIB for the purpose of removal.
- A licence provided by the Environment Agency, enabling us to transport hazardous waste for the purpose of disposal.
In addition, we take health and safety extremely seriously and hold the following accreditations -
- Full membership of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA), who have awarded us their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme. This can only be passed through three unannounced site visits every year.
- The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme accreditation.
- We have passed the PAS 91 questionnaire, verifying our business as a Constructionline member.
- Membership with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
For advice on how we can complete an asbestos removal project from your commercial property in Preston then please get in touch with us via the contact form on this page or via telephone on 01484 400558.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing