Having being in business for over 20 years we have removed asbestos from a wide range of commercial and industrial locations.
Examples of some of the companies we have contracted for include -
- Gill Demolition
- Penine Demolitions
- Morgan Sindall
Removing licensed asbestos in the UK requires a licence from the HSE to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board, as well as a licence from the Environment Agency to transport the asbestos safely for the purpose of removal.
With experience of removing asbestos from a wide range of sectors, we are confident that we will be able to safely and speedily remove any asbestos from your property in Southport.
Where could I find asbestos in my property in Southport?
Asbestos wasn't fully banned from use in the UK until 1999, which means that if the property you own or manage in Southport was built before the millennium then you should assume that it could contain asbestos.
There are two different levels of asbestos removal work that can be carried out across a property -
- Non-licensed work asbestos - which means that asbestos should not exceed 0.6f/cm3 measured over 10 minutes and exposure to the workers removing the asbestos should not exceed the legal control limit of 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3), which is averaged out over a four hour period. Essentially, non-licensed asbestos work is carried out on asbestos containing materials that are in good condition and have low concentration in the surrounding air around them.
- Licensed work asbestos - this is higher risk work and should only be carried out by a licensed contractor like ourselves (our licence to removed licensed asbestos), where it cannot be obviously demonstrated that the control limit will not be exceeded, 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3), which is averaged out over a four hour period, or where asbestos insulation or asbestos insulation board is involved and it cannot be removed in a short duration.
Common areas where we discover asbestos when conducting an asbestos survey include -
- Asbestos cloth, rope and string
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Roof and floor tiles
- Mastics and sealants
- Toilet cisterns
- Lagging, which is used as pipe insulation and around boilers
- Guttering and downpipes
- Chimney cement flues
This visual will help you understand just how varied asbestos can be across a property, however if you suspect your property in Southport may contain asbestos then please get in contact with us and we can conduct an asbestos survey before creating and completing an asbestos removal plan, which is designed to create minimal disruption to your existing works and operations.
We are committed to health and safety when removing asbestos
Removing asbestos can be dangerous work, which is why we take the health and safety of our customers and staff extremely seriously.
To show our commitment to this, we hold the following awards and accreditations -
- Membership with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
- Membership to CHAS.
- Membership to ARCA, who are the leading trade body for asbestos management services. We also hold their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme, due to our high standards when working on licensable asbestos removal work.
You can find out more about us, our qualifications and experience here.
If you would like to speak to one of our representatives about undertaking an asbestos survey or asbestos removal project on your Southport property, then call our head office on 01484 400558 or fill in the contact form on this page and one of our asbestos removal experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing