We primarily work to remove and encapsulate licensable asbestos from commercial and industrial locations.
With over 20 years of experience of removing asbestos containing materials from a wide range of sectors, we have a wealth of experience, as well as the correct legal qualifications to work on licensable asbestos removal projects in the UK.
Examples of property types that we regularly remove asbestos from in Shrewsbury and the Shropshire area is -
- Schools and colleges
- Hospitals and NHS facilities
- Manufacturing and FMCG environments
- Demolition sites
- Renovation projects
- Public sector/council property
- The high street and out-of-town shopping villages
Where can asbestos containing materials be found in my industrial or commercial property?
Asbestos was used widely in the construction industry for decades. Examples of where we commonly find it when carrying out an asbestos survey include -
- Lagging on boilers and water pipes
- Guttering, downpipes and chimney flues made from asbestos cement
- Floor tiles
- Internal roof tiles
- Asbestos panels in fire doors
- Asbestos insulation board (AIB)
- Loose fill insulation
Asbestos was used widely because of its excellent insulation properties, as well as its high melting point. However, it was fully banned from use in the UK in 1999 due to its connection with long term lung diseases.
The HSE has a great guide showing a lot of the common areas you may find asbestos in your property.
If you would like us to carry out an asbestos survey on your property in Shrewsbury to determine if you have asbestos in or around the building then get in contact with us now.
We are fully qualified to work on licensable asbestos removal
Working with licensable asbestos is the most dangerous type of asbestos removal and can only be carried out by licensed asbestos removal contractors like ourselves. The HSE has more information on this, however broadly speaking licensable asbestos removal work is -
- Where worker exposure to asbestos is not sporadic and of low intensity; or
- Where the risk assessment cannot clearly demonstrate that the control limit will not be exceeded ie 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3) (averaged over a four hour period); or
- On asbestos coating; or
- On asbestos insulation or asbestos insulating board where the risk assessment demonstrates that the work is not short duration work, eg when work with these materials will take no more than two hours in any seven day period, and no one person works for more than one hour in that two hour period.
We are licensed to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal and also hold a licence to transport hazardous waste. Read more about these licenses.
Health and safety is of paramount importance to us due to the dangers that asbestos fibres pose to human health. We are members of the following bodies to ensure we are always up-to-date with the latest health and safety guidelines.
- The Asbestos Removal Contractors Association
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
In addition we have downloadable certificates of registration for ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
If you suspect you have asbestos in your industrial or commercial property in Shrewsbury then get in contact with us now through the form on this page and one of our asbestos specialists will respond as soon as possible.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing