BLS Asbestos Limited are asbestos removal specialists that focus on commercial work in and around Doncaster.
We have vast experience removing asbestos from commercial properties and have been doing this safely and successfully since 1999. A few examples of sectors we have removed asbestos from include -
- Demolition and renovation sites
- High street and retail environments
- Educational facilities
- Manufacturing, FMCG and warehouses
- Healthcare sector
- Council and government controlled property
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you think your commercial property in Doncaster has asbestos in it that needs removing. We can provide guidance on the best course of action and provide an estimate on what it will cost to quickly and safely remove the asbestos from the property.
Where is asbestos likely to be present in my property in Doncaster?
Asbestos was not fully banned from use in the UK until 1999 and the Health and Safety Executive state -
Not only can asbestos be present in many materials used to construct a building but it can also exist in equipment within the building. Common areas we find asbestos in properties across the UK include -
Asbestos used in the construction of properties -
- Asbestos cement in downpipes, guttering and the roof
- Sprayed coatings on walls, floors and ceilings
- Asbestos Insulating Board (AIB) partitions and fire doors
Asbestos used in equipment around properties -
- Insulating mats
- Fire blankets
- Oven gloves
- Ironing surfaces
The HSE has a visual which may further aid your understanding if you think you have asbestos in your property in Doncaster, however we highly recommend contacting us and we can provide further guidance by carrying out an asbestos survey.
What experience, qualifications and awards do we have to safely remove asbestos?
Our onsite staff are -
- First aid trained
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) qualified
- PASMA trained for the safe erection, movement and collapsing of scaffolding towers
- IPAF trained for the safe use of cherry pickers and scissor lifts
Not only are they trained in the above for the safe removal of asbestos from commercial properties, but they also have the knowledge, qualifications and experience required to work in a wide range of environments, creating minimal disruption to your business operations.
As a business we hold the following licences -
- A three year licence to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board (AIB) for the purpose of removal, provided by the HSE.
- A licence to transport hazardous waste, provided by the Environment Agency.
We also exceed in health and safety, which is why have the following -
- Full membership to the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association, in which we have their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme, which can only be passed after three unannounced site visits.
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) accreditation.
- ROSPA and Constructionline membership.
Please read here if you would like to know more about our business accreditations.
If you suspect that you have asbestos in your commercial property in Doncaster then don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our representatives, who will be able to provide you with further assistance and set-up an asbestos survey for you.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing