Situated in Yorkshire, we have been removing asbestos across the country for over 20 years.
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Renovation and demolition sites
- Retail and high street
- Warehouse, manufacturing and FMCG
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Public sector property
If you suspect you have asbestos in or around your property in Rotherham then you should get in contact with us and we can advise on what the next steps should be, to firstly clarify that it is asbestos in your property and secondly, create an asbestos removal plan to quickly and safely remove and dispose of the asbestos for you.
What does asbestos look like and where could I find it in my property in Rotherham?
If you are a landlord, tenant or managing agent of a property then it is your responsibility to manage asbestos within your property (read more here). Asbestos can be found in many areas around a property although it can be difficult to identify due to the fact that it was often mixed with other materials. Examples of where we commonly find asbestos when carrying out an asbestos survey include -
- Sprayed on coatings on walls, floors and ceilings
- Decorative coatings like artex
- Lagging for boilers and pipes
- Floor and ceiling tiles
- Asbestos insulation board (AIB)
- Asbestos cement that is commonly used outside properties in areas like the roof, guttering and downpipes
If left undisturbed then asbestos shouldn't be dangerous, however best practice is to remove it from the property to ensure that health and safety levels are as high as possible for all parties who use or come into contact with the property.
What experience and accreditations to we have to safely remove asbestos from commercial properties?
Having been in operation for over 20 years and carried out work for the likes of Wates, Fox's, Nestle, Hanover and Morrisons we are more than equipped for large asbestos removal projects. Read some of our case studies and don't hesitate to get in touch with us to find out more information.
We have all of the major credentials that allow us to operate legally and safely to remove asbestos from properties within the UK. These include -
- A licence presented to us by the HSE to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board (AIB) for the purpose of removal.
- A licence to transport hazardous waste, in the UK, provided to us by the Environment Agency.
- Membership to ARCA, who are the leading trade association within the asbestos management sector. We hold their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) Quality Assurance Award which requires us to pass three unannounced site audits.
In addition we also hold memberships with -
You can find out more about us, our qualifications and experience here.
If you think you have asbestos in or around your property in Rotherham then please don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our asbestos experts via the contact form on this page, through email or on the telephone (01484 400558) and we will provide you with the best course of action to quickly and safely remove the asbestos.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing