BLS Asbestos Ltd are a specialist company that provide the service of commercial asbestos removal to businesses across Worksop.
We have been in operation for over 20 years and have the experience and key skills required to remove asbestos quickly and safely, with the aim of creating minimal disruption to your business operations.
Examples of some of the businesses we have worked as contractors for include -
- Gill Demolition
- Morgan Sindall
If you are concerned that you have asbestos in or around your property in Worksop then please contact us and we can provide an asbestos survey before carrying out the asbestos removal project if required.
Where can asbestos be found in my property?
Asbestos was commonly used in the UK because of its insulating properties and if your property was built before the Millennium then you should assume that asbestos resides there.
Before it was fully understood about the negative impact breathing in asbestos can have on human life, asbestos was used widely across the construction sector for decades. Examples of where we commonly find it when carrying out asbestos surveys includes -
- Asbestos cement which is regularly found on guttering and downpipes
- Textured wall coatings such as Artex
- Floor and ceiling tiles
- Sprayed on coatings on ceilings, walls and floors
- Lagging, which was commonly used as insulation on pipes and boilers
If you suspect your commercial property in Worksop has asbestos residing in it then get in touch with us and we can provide guidance on what your next steps should be.
What experience and qualifications do we have for removing asbestos legally in the UK?
Removing asbestos legally as a commercial entity in the UK requires us to have two licences -
- A licence to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal. View our licence on the HSE website.
- A licence to safely transport and dispose of asbestos once removed. View our licence on the Environment Agency website.
We take health and safety extremely seriously, which is why hold the following accreditations and memberships -
- Full membership of with the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association, in which we hold the Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) Quality Assurance Award, which requires us to pass three unannounced site visits each year.
- The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme accreditation, which is designed to highlight our high working standards in regards to health and safety.
- We are members of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents and Constructionline.
You can read more about our accreditations and memberships here.
If you suspect you have asbestos in or around your property in Worksop then get in touch with one of our asbestos specialists on the telephone at 01484 400558 or via the contact form on this page and we will provide you with guidance on what the next steps are for removing the asbestos safely.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing