BLS Asbestos Ltd have over 20 years experience of removing asbestos from commercial properties.
Our staff have the training, experience and skills required to safely remove asbestos from commercial and domestic properties and we cover the entire North East of the UK.
Examples of some of the sectors have removed asbestos from over the years include -
- Construction and demolition sites
- Inner city and out-of-town retail
- Healthcare property such as hospitals
- Government and council owned property
- FMCG and manufacturing units
- Schools, colleges and universities
How likely is my property in Newcastle to have asbestos within it?
Asbestos can be present in any property that was built or renovated before the year 2000 and if you own a commercial property then it is your legal obligation to manage the risk of asbestos. The HSE provides further guidance on this with the Control of Asbestos Regulations from 2012 stating that owners and/or employers of non-domestic properties should manage the risk of asbestos within their premises.
If you are worried that you have asbestos on your property in Newcastle then please get in touch with us and we will carry out an asbestos survey before preparing and executing an asbestos removal project if required.
We have a guide on where you can find asbestos in industrial properties and the HSE also has a useful visual.
Common examples on where asbestos can be found in your property in Newcastle, include -
- Lagging, which is used as insulation on pipes
- Down pipes and guttering
- Roof and floor tiles
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Ovens and furnaces
Our accreditations for removing asbestos
At BLS Asbestos we pride ourselves on going above and beyond, giving our customers the piece of mind that a thorough asbestos removal job will be completed, which is why we hold the following licences and accreditations -
- A three year licence to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal.
- A licence to transport hazardous waste awarded by the Environment Agency.
- Full membership of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA), who have awarded us their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme.
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) accreditation.
- We have passed the PAS 91 questionnaire, which verifies us a Constructionline member.
If you would like more information on our accreditations then read our about us page which holds all the relevant licence numbers.
For more information on our asbestos removal experience, then please have a look at our some of our case studies, highlighting some of the different sectors we have removed asbestos for and if you would like to speak to us about an asbestos removal project in Newcastle then please do get in touch.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing