We provide asbestos surveys and safe and secure asbestos removal in Oldham and surrounding areas.
We are based very close to the M62 motorway, giving us quick and easy access to Oldham. BLS Asbestos have completed asbestos removal projects all over the north of England, contracting on behalf of companies such as Morgan Sindall, Hanover, Morrisons and Wates Group, so you can be sure we will carry out a thorough and professional job.
Examples of some of the sectors we specialise in for asbestos removal projects include -
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Construction and demolition
- Public sector
If you would like us to carry out an asbestos survey on your commercial property then please get in touch with us.
Where am I likely to find asbestos in my Oldham property?
Even though asbestos hasn't been used legally in the UK since the year 2000, it is possible that if your property was built or renovated before then, it could be present and a potential safety risk.
If you are unsure whether you have asbestos on your property then it always best to speak to a professional, who can carry out a safe and secure asbestos survey to clarify if there are any asbestos containing materials on your property.
Examples of some products that are asbestos containing materials include -
- Asbestos cloth, rope and string
- Asbestos cement sheets and roof tiles
- Ceiling tiles
- Floor tiles
- Mastics and sealants
- Toilet cisterns
- Artex (a decorative plaster which can look like this)
Asbestos can be found in many places. We created an in-depth guide about asbestos and common areas where it can be found but in addition to this, the HSE have created a visual guide, which some people may find easier to use.
Staff training and Accreditations
Asbestos removal projects require all of our onsite staff to have the highest level of training for the safe encapsulation and removal of asbestos. Examples of some of the training our asbestos removal staff receive, includes -
- First aid
- CSCS training
- PASMA training for the safe erection, movement and collapsing of scaffolding towers
- IPAF training for the safe use of cherry pickers and scissor lifts
In addition to staff training, we also hold several accreditations upholding the standard and safety of the work we carry out. These accreditations include -
- A three year licence to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal.
- A licence to transport hazardous waste for the purposes of disposal.
- We are a full member of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA), who have awarded us their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme.
- We hold the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme accreditation.
- We have passed the PAS 91 questionnaire, which verifies us as a Constructionline member.
With over 20 years of experience of surveying and completing asbestos removal projects we have completed countless jobs and have many case studies. Below is a case study from an asbestos removal project we carried out in the local area -
If you would like more information about asbestos or if you would like to discuss a particular asbestos removal project for your property in Oldham, then you can get in touch with us via the contact form on this page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing