BLS Asbestos specialise in the removal of asbestos from industrial and commercial settings and have over 20 years experience of contracting as asbestos removal specialists.
What does asbestos look like?
We are able to work on both licensable and non-licensable asbestos across the UK.
Licensable asbestos is high risk asbestos that must be worked on by a licensed contractor like ourselves (read more about our license to work with asbestos for the purpose of removal and our license to transport hazardous waste for disposal here).
Examples of what licensable asbestos could include -
- Pipe lagging - used to insulate pipes and boilers
- Loose fill insulation
- Asbestos millboard
- Asbestos insulation board (AIB)
Any work involved in removing asbestos should be carried out by a licensed asbestos contractor, although there is non-licensable asbestos removal work that can be carried out on products and environments that have a low intensity of asbestos within the air (below 0.6f/cm3 measured over 10 minutes). Some non-licensable asbestos products include -
- Asbestos cement - such as tiles, guttering and roof sheeting
- Asbestos rope
- Asbestos gaskets
The HSE has a useful page highlighting common asbestos containing materials. However, if you suspect that you have asbestos in or around your property in St Helens or would like more information about what it looks like then get in touch with us and we can provide an asbestos survey to determine the level of asbestos in your property before executing an asbestos removal project.
Health and safety qualifications and awards for removing asbestos
Removing asbestos and asbestos containing materials requires us to be very stringent with our health and safety training to ensure that we protect our customers, the public and our staff from breathing in harmful asbestos particles. To back up our commitment to health and safety we -
- Have full membership to the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA). We hold the Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) Quality Assurance Award because our procedures surpass ARCA's high standards after passing three unannounced site visits each year.
- Are members of the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme, highlighting our high working standards in regards to health and safety.
- Hold full membership with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents to help us consistently advance our health and safety knowledge.
If you would like to speak to one of our representatives about our business, asbestos removal experience or about an asbestos removal project in St Helens then get in touch with us via the contact form on this page of via telephone at 01484 400558.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing