BLS Asbestos are specialists in commercial and industrial asbestos removal and contract for businesses in and around Runcorn.
If your business is situated in or around Runcorn, then we can help if you think you require licensed asbestos removing from your property or development. Examples of some of the sectors we have experience of removing asbestos from include -
- Shop front and the high street
- FMCG and manufacturing environments
- Demolition and renovation sites
- NHS and medical facilities
- Council owned and public sector property
- Educational buildings such as colleges and universities
Where could I find asbestos within my commercial property in Runcorn?
If the property you own or manage was built before the year 2000 then you should assume it contains asbestos, as this was when it was made illegal for asbestos containing materials to be used within the construction of property in the UK.
There are two types of asbestos that need removing in the UK, and we would always recommend that asbestos removal is carried out by licensed professionals like BLS Asbestos.
- Licensable asbestos removal - This is asbestos that is a significant risk to the public and is measured as being over 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3), averaged over a four hour period. A licence is required to remove this type of asbestos, which we hold.
- Non-licensable asbestos removal - This is asbestos that poses less risk to the public and measures under 0.1 asbestos fibres per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3), averaged over a four hour period. Even though a licence isn't required to remove this type of asbestos, we would always recommend an asbestos removal company carries out this work to protect the public from being exposed to any potentially harmful asbestos fibres.
Common areas we find asbestos containing materials when carrying out an asbestos survey include -
- Asbestos cloth, rope and string
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Roof tiles and floor tiles
- Mastics and sealants
- Toilet cisterns
- Posts and fencing
- Lagging, which is used as pipe insulation
- Asbestos cement as guttering, downpipes and chimneys
- Doors with asbestos insulating board
If you suspect you have asbestos in your property in Runcorn then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through the form on this page and we can provide further guidance on what your next steps should be.
Other local areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing