Based in West Yorkshire, we are ideally situated to remove asbestos in the entire county of Yorkshire.
Our head office is situated in Liversedge, West Yorkshire, which is only five miles from the M62 motorway, making BLS Asbestos ideally placed to quickly access key areas across the county including -
The above towns and cities are key commercial areas across Yorkshire for retail, manufacturing and the construction sector.
BLS Asbestos can remove asbestos containing materials from a wide variety of settings across the county. Take a look at some of our case studies, as well as some of the specialist sectors we operate in, that highlight our skills to work around any business' needs.
Where are you likely to find asbestos?
Asbestos can still be found in many products across Yorkshire, with any building built before the year 2000 having a chance of containing asbestos.
The types of materials where you might commonly find asbestos are listed below -
- Asbestos cloth, rope and string
- Asbestos cement sheets and roof tiles
- Ceiling Tiles
- Ovens and furnaces
- Floor Tiles
- Mastics and sealants
- Toilet cisterns
- Posts and fencing
For more information on where you can find asbestos, read our FAQs page. We highly recommend getting in touch with us if you suspect a product could be an asbestos containing material or if you would like more information on what may contain asbestos around the building. We can provide an asbestos survey and then arrange for the asbestos (if proven from the survey) to be safely removed from the property.
We strongly believe in the training of our staff, so you can be safe in the knowledge that if you need asbestos removing from your property, our staff are trained in all areas of asbestos removal, in addition to the following areas -
- First aid
- CSCS trained
- PASMA trained for the safe erection, movement and collapsing of scaffolding towers
- IPAF trained for the safe use of cherry pickers and scissor lifts
- We hold a full three year licence awarded to us by the Health and Safety Executive, to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal.
- BLS Asbestos hold a licence to transport hazardous waste, which has been presented to us by the Environment Agency.
- We are a full member of ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association), in which we hold their Site Audit Accreditation Scheme.
- We hold the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme accreditation.
- We have passed the PAS 91 questionnaire, which verifies us a Constructionline member.
- BLS Asbestos are members of The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, which ensures that we always work to the highest standards of health and safety.
- We hold certificates of registration for ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 management systems, which can all be downloaded here.
For more information on our accreditations, please read this page.
We have worked extensively across Yorkshire removing asbestos. Click the links below for some of our case studies -
- Asbestos removal from Nestle’s Halifax site
- Asbestos removal at a Leeds demolition site
- Asbestos removal at grade I listed building in West Yorkshire
- Asbestos removal contract for West Yorkshire school
- Asbestos removal from Leeds City College’s Technology Campus
If you would like more information or if you would like to discuss a particular asbestos removal project in Yorkshire, then you can get in touch with us via the contact form on this page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other areas that we service
"BLS Asbestos provide a professional and quality service enabling Hanover to deal with issues arising from the management of asbestos in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006."
Asbestos Removal from Social Housing for Hanover Housing